5.30-7.00pm, (Thurs) 23 November at Kaplan International at Level 5, 370 Docklands Dr, Melbourne VIC 3008.
This exciting new workshop showcases five providers in Australia who are demonstrating excellence in their teaching and learning, student experience and support for students under 18 years. NEAS providers are selected based on origination, use, innovation, user outcomes and community benefit. This workshop explores how the premium product was developed and assists staff and teachers who are considering showcasing an area of excellence in their centre. Register here
- Academic English and Study Skills Bridging Course, University of Western Australia Centre for English Language Teaching (Callum Cowell)
- International Diploma in Language Teaching Management (IDLTM), The University of Queensland Institute of Continuing and TESOL Education (Julian Wilson)
- Kaplan International Tools for English (KITE), Kaplan Inc (Andrew Mansfield)
- Academic Skills for University Success MOOC Specialization, University of Sydney, Centre for English Teaching (Katherine Olston)
- Occupational English Test (OET) Course, E2language, (Jarrad Merlo)
Optional Additional QLS Workshops
This showcase is held in conjunction with the following QLS workshops. Participants may attend all three workshops.
- Executive QLS (Patrick Pheasant) – Strategy, Risk and Governance. 24 November, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm. Ozford College, 310 King St, Melbourne VIC 3000
- QLS (Ben Colthorpe) – Building a Culture of Quality. 24 November, 1.30 – 4.30 pm. Ozford College, 310 King St, Melbourne VIC 3000
NEAS Premium Product Endorsement recognises service or product excellence developed and created by NEAS Quality Endorsed centres. NEAS Premium Products Endorsement demonstrates a centre’s unique high quality service that it provides its students, staff and the community.
Each application is assessed through a NEAS peer review of the Product’s origination, use, innovation, outcomes and community benefit. Centres can then use the NEAS Premium Product brand to promote their service or product quality and excellence.
ICTE, University of Queensland, Cambridge English, ICTE-UQ and World Learning SIT Graduate Institute (USA) have formed a global partnership to jointly award the International Diploma in Language Teaching Management (IDLTM), a blended learning program for current or prospective managers in language teaching organisations.
The University of Western Australia’s Centre for English Language Teaching’s (CELT) Academic English and Study Skills Bridging Course is designed for international students wishing to undertake tertiary studies at the University of Western Australia. The course supports international students through an integrated methodological approach and the incorporation of study and research skills, cultural awareness and modern computer based learning.
KITE is a revolutionary, cloud-based, adaptive English language assessment system that delivers instant proficiency evaluations with best-in-class accuracy, efficiency, and accessibility
This Specialization is aimed at preparing students for undergraduate study in an English-speaking university. The course equips you for full participation and engagement with your studies by building awareness and understanding of the core values and expectations of academic culture, and providing you with practical strategies to apply to your studies.
Test Overview: OET is an international English language test that assesses the language communication skills of healthcare professionals who seek to register and practise in an English-speaking environment. Assessment Structure: OET covers all four language skills with an emphasis on communication in a healthcare environment.